The kids had a youth group trip to Dallas this week. We followed them around, not as official sponsors but to do Lance's treatments and be there if he needed us. The kids spent the night in a church in Denton that was nice enough to share their facilities. David and I got a hotel not too far from them. The kids drove down on Monday morning and went straight to a little water park. We didn't go to the waterpark---just met them at the church that evening and did treatment.The next day, we all went to Six Flags. We rode a couple of rides with Lance, making sure he was tall enough for all the good rides. PRAISE GOD--HE IS! You should have seen his face after he got off the Mr. Freeze. He LOVED it! After that, we let him go off with the youth to have fun. David and I rode whatever we wanted to ride---that hasn't happened in a long time! It was very hot and humid of course, but not too crowded at all. The lines were short--probably the longest wait was 20 minutes. Because of the short lines, we rode everything we wanted as many times as we wanted. Hadley rode the Titan SEVEN times. :)
At 6:15, we all met to walk over to the Ballpark to watch the Ranger's game vs. the Astro's. The game was fun--the Ranger's had a solid night with 3 homeruns and won 6-1. Lance was fading fast by the game--can you see the dark circles under his eyes?? A couple of kids ended up getting sick from the heat, but thankfully Lance did not (nor did Hadley). Every time I saw him, I made him drink water to help prevent dehydration. I'm sure he got tired of that...
When we got back to the church that night, Lance decided to go with us to spend the night. Hadley heard about it and decided sharing a shower with three other people and a real bed beat sharing two showers among 25 girls and sleeping on the floor. So she went with us as well. We slept in a little the next morning, ate lunch and drove on home.
It was a fun, but very quick trip.
**Can you see my friend Brenda and her daughter Hannah in the back ground of the picture? I'm sure she'd love to know I captured her as well.... hehe. When we first arrived at the game, our seats were in direct sun and we were baking. They had these nice covered picnic/play areas for the kids so we took breaks in the shade til the sun went down behind the stands. Love that place!

0 comments:
Post a Comment