Welcome!

I love sharing my life with you on this little blog. Thank you for stopping by! I re-size all my pictures for the web, making them unsuitable for print. If you come across a picture that you would like a copy for printing, please just let me know. I'll be glad to send one your way!

Fruit Stand

Remember those days of walking down to the fruit stand from Grandma's house? Well, it's still a fruit stand. LOL Not really. Now it's a biker bar---Smokey Joe's Cafe.

The other night, Lance went with David to the machine shop that was repairing the Jeep motor. Things weren't going well and David called for me to come pick Lance up and take him home. We drove home the long way from the shop---driving down 6th and making a detour on Kentucky. This was as close as I dared to get to take the photo! Lance hid in the car while I snapped. ha!

5 comments:

nanapapa said...

yeah, it does look a bit different now... i remember walking down there many, many times and my friend cindy brown lived just behind the fruit stand. glad u were able to get the pick without getting spotted :-)

nanapapa said...

make that a pic not a pick...

The Ards said...

Oh MY, that is probably the EXACT fruit stand that we used to walk to with our Grandparents!! Sure doesn't look the same... there are some things that I am glad the Grandparents aren't still around to see! :(

Jan said...

Yes, things have definitely changed. I didn't notice the house behind the stand, but I bet it's still there.

I did NOT take a picture of Grandma's old house simply because I didn't want her to see it---it looks abandoned and so sad. I don't think the fruit stand change would bother Grandma much, but seeing her house like that probably would.

Trina--did you know she reads my blog? I *love* that she does. So cool that she knows how! :) I bet this is the same fruit stand you walked to---I think there was only one on 6th street.

nanapapa said...

I'm sure it's the same one...Findley's Fruit Market I think was the official name. The Findleys went to church st SJCC. Trina, I remember when your Gpa worked at a store... on 6th too, I think.
The house I mentioned faced Kentucky, but was right behind it. It was still there last time I drove by. I spent lots of time there.



Blog Archive

Followers

Powered by Blogger.