Welcome!

I love sharing my life with you on this little blog. Thank you for stopping by! I re-size all my pictures for the web, making them unsuitable for print. If you come across a picture that you would like a copy for printing, please just let me know. I'll be glad to send one your way!

Great Strides Walk




The walk on Saturday was another success... Unfortunately, it was overshadowed by all the graduation stuff- I barely had time to do anything at all. But hey-you know us--we always do stuff at the last minute, and this year was REALLY last minute. David put up a note on the bulletin board at work. I posted a message on my facebook page. That was it! We put out word about two days before we had to have our shirt orders in. Can you believe the size of our team considering that?? We had another amazing response from family and friends. It makes us realize just how truly blessed we are.

I know we didn't get word to everyone who would've liked to participate. I'm so sorry for that! I'm vowing to do better next year. And I put it in writing so you can hold me to it...

Our team didn't raise a ton of money in that short period of time, but the sheer number on our team reaffirmed for Lance that so many people love and care about him. After a weekend all about Ty, I think he needed to see that. He doesn't share the spotlight well. ;) He gets such a boost out of seeing this huge group of people coming out to support the cure and wearing his shirt. I know it means a great deal to him. Several of Lance's closest friends were unable to attend, but ordered shirts anyway. That means he'll be seeing those Team Lance shirts at school, too. Love that! This year's theme is a spin-off of the Monster energy drinks. It was a simple design, but one that Lance liked. I heard from a friend that she finally talked her son out of the shirt yesterday so she could wash it. :-)

Next year, we'll have the largest team at the walk and we'll raise the most money. Go Team Lance!

1 comments:

nanapapa said...

YEAH! LANCE!



Blog Archive

Followers

Powered by Blogger.