Welcome!

I love sharing my life with you on this little blog. Thank you for stopping by! I re-size all my pictures for the web, making them unsuitable for print. If you come across a picture that you would like a copy for printing, please just let me know. I'll be glad to send one your way!

Trip to the farm. Wait. Mema has a farm?

The kids were so funny. It's been long enough since I've been to Mema's farm, my kids didn't even remember it existed... They were dying to go----and skip school to do it, of course! I said it would have to wait for another time...

It was a nice trip---good to be together and good to see those places I haven't seen in a while. Don't you love this picture?? Dad is telling Mema something and she's listening intently. I don't know if she believed him or not, but it looks good. Ha! Wonder who's watching the road??


I hadn't been by the lake in a while--it was a little foggy, but the water was smooth--a pretty rare sight in these windy parts! Took this out the window as we drove over the dam.


Our first stop was to the cemetery.


Dad brought his protection. Wonder how quick he is "on the draw"??????


Next stop---the old homestead and farm. Last time I was here, the house was standing and we poked around in it a bit. Sad to see that it's fallen completely down now. The wheat looks pretty good for dry-land, so we're hopeful it will be a good crop this year.



Then there was the oil well. I didn't get a good shot of them--but there were a few antelope hanging out around there.


And finally, our traditional stop for lunch at the Dairy Queen in Stinnett. It wouldn't be a trip to the farm without a stop here!

3 comments:

The Ards said...

Wow - what great pics of your Dad and Mema! Love them!!! :)

Jan said...

Thanks, Trina! I love 'em too!

nanapapa said...

those are great pics... so the kids forgot about the farm? dad's been wanting to take them hunting (maybe rabbits?) some time there. glad you were able to go.



Blog Archive

Followers

Powered by Blogger.