Welcome!

I love sharing my life with you on this little blog. Thank you for stopping by! I re-size all my pictures for the web, making them unsuitable for print. If you come across a picture that you would like a copy for printing, please just let me know. I'll be glad to send one your way!

International Food Day

Today was International Food Day for Lance in Social Studies. Fun! Tyler and Hadley also had this teacher and we've loved her every time... She's a fantastic teacher and really knows how to bring the subject to life. The kids have learned so much from her--I'm very thankful all three have had the opportunity to be in her class!

There was a huge variety of food today. I tried grape leaves stuffed with rice, samosa? from India, German donuts, Berry Tiramisu, Irish soda bread, a giant bean from ??, and on and on... Lance even tried caviar. It didn't stay in his mouth very long. I think he was pretty disgusted by it! He chose to bring Scottish Shepherd's Pie. It turned out pretty well--David thought it was the best thing on the table. Smart man. Oh. And the funniest food? Cookies. From America! :)


Here, you can see David visiting with an old friend that he went to school with--from elementary all the way through high school. Neat, huh? Apparently, Forrest (David's dad) taught Michael to water ski. ;)




My friend and neighbor, Deretha, took this picture of me and Lance. I thought it turned out ok...




Remember my friend, Julie, who died from a brain tumor? The cute redhead is her daughter. She's with Curt and Emily-- also friends from church.


And, the piece de resistance... Cousins! Here's Lance and Jennifer, aka Christianne! She's such a sweet girl. I enjoyed visiting with her today. She even came over to say hi before I'd had the chance to get to her. Love that! She brought the Irish soda bread that we tried. I was hoping Chris might be there so I could visit with him as well, but he couldn't be. I am really glad Jennifer and Lance let me snap a picture... moms with a camera can be pretty embarrassing. Ha!

It was a very fun and memorable day!

1 comments:

nanapapa said...

What fun! I had wondered about Christianne... is Jennifer one of her real names or did she change it? All I remember is Christianne. I never would have recognized her, but I can see something of Chris in her face. How neat that you & Lance have gotten to know her.



Blog Archive

Followers

Powered by Blogger.