Welcome!

I love sharing my life with you on this little blog. Thank you for stopping by! I re-size all my pictures for the web, making them unsuitable for print. If you come across a picture that you would like a copy for printing, please just let me know. I'll be glad to send one your way!

The Last Game

Well it's done. The last game is over. Tyler was in a great mood--really enjoying the atmosphere. We played a team we have now beaten 35 times in a row. Poor other team! Anyway, because of that, all the seniors got a ton of playtime--including Tyler! The spirits were high and everyone was enjoying themselves--just soaking in the glory. I got this awesome picture of Tyler smiling at us--it's slightly out of focus, but I still love it. Throughout the season, he always looked at us/for us in the stands. I know when he was discouraged, he was glad to see a friendly face somewhere! This night, he was just happy! A few weeks ago, one of the other moms noticed how much Tyler was interacting with us and got everyone to watch him. The next time he looked up at us, everyone waved and yelled hello. I think it embarrassed him a little, but I also think he liked it!


Tyler's friend Reece got to play as well--it was the first time he'd seen the field all year. He's punting in this shot. Reece had a benign brain tumor removed last year. Because of it's location and the type of surgery they had to do, getting tackled was risky. So he became the punter. He's not a strong punter, which means he never played. It was great to see him out there last night.


I got lots of action shots, but after one or two, they all start to look the same! So, I'll just share one. :) Tyler did get his name called out because of a tackle he made--way cool! It just happened to be the last play of the game...


Here's a faithful fan... She came to every home game. Because it's hard for her to do much walking, especially stairs, she didn't feel like she could sit with us. (Our season passes were assigned seats among the parents. They were pretty far down into the stands.) So, she sat where she could see and where she could get up and down easily enough. This night, she sat with a lady from church who's grandson was also playing.



Here's the score...


This is the bunch of seniors from the team. A pro was down on the field taking this shot and I couldn't get down there fast enough to do the same. I'm sure I'll order one from him... Tyler is on the right in the back row.

All in all, it was a nice night. I'm so glad it ended on a positive note for Tyler. He worked so hard for it! Oh yes--almost forgot. The whole introduction thing at the beginning was ok. Tyler was all smiles for it. If the photog got a decent shot, I'll share later.

And..... I just got a call from Lance. He shot a 5-point buck. David took the camera so I'll try to share pictures and details later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SO glad the last game was great for Tyler!!! What a neat thing and you got some great shots that he'll be so glad he has to remind him. And Lance! WOW! Good for him. Can't wait to see the pics!

ginny said...

very cool to end the season on a high note. anita looks so cute all bundled up...i bet she's a really great cheerleader!



Blog Archive

Followers

Powered by Blogger.