This week, I had a meeting about the football banquet. We've gone every year, but I've somehow escaped volunteering. Until this year. This year, I'll do the senior video. I was uncertain about the time commitment until I realized how simple it will be---only 36 seniors. The video will only included team pics, individual baby and current pics for the seniors and the coaching staff. Not bad at all... I don't even need to add music because the coach will do his senior introductions during it. Definitely doable.

For some fun news, Lance has a big adventure tomorrow. He gets to go hunting! They'll hunt deer, pigs, turkeys--just whatever they see. Alli's dad, Roger, is taking Lance and David. They went to the gun range on Thursday to get Lance trained on the gun he'll use. Roger even provided a pair of snake boots for him--note the pic above. (They're a pair of Alli's--she can't wear them any more) Does that mean there are snakes out there?? Anyway, I just didn't want to post without a picture and this was the best I could muster today. Roger took Alli hunting a couple of weeks ago and she shot an 8 point buck--saw the pics. Roger mounts a lot of his kills--even mounted a rear-end for fun. Alli doesn't want a regular mount for hers because of the eyes, so they're doing something with the skull. Not really sure about all that!
If Lance gets one, I have no idea what we'll do with it. Roger has a processing place, so I guess we'll eat the meat? But as far as having a mounted head in my house---not so much. Roger has over 600 acres somewhere not too far away. He's got it all---four wheelers, hunting blinds, guns, pretty much everything a hunter needs or wants. (in my experienced opinion.) All David and Lance have to do is show up... :) They plan to leave at around 3:00 a.m. tomorrow and hunt until they're done. I think they're both really excited about it---this is a first for both of them!

0 comments:
Post a Comment