It's so nice to see you again. The youth group went to the Corn Maze yesterday, so David and I decided to tag along. (much to Hadley's horror!) We had a family trip to it planned on a lone free Saturday in October. Wouldn't you know it rained that day? Hard? All day? I'm sure the corn was green and lush then... It was pretty dead yesterday, but still a lot of fun. Better late than never, I guess!


Corn Cannon! This thing sounded like a howitzer. If you know what a howitzer sounds like. Which I don't. Ha! It rocketed corn husks deep into the field. There were several different targets to aim for. Fun!

We went through the maze as it was getting dark--you can see the gorgeous sunset we glimpsed from the maze! By the time we finished it was VERY dark. Made it a little tricky. David and I started out alone, but picked up a girl who lost her party along the way. It took us about 30 minutes to find our way through. It was amazing! Guess that's why it's called the "A
mazeingly Fun Farm". Lance went through with some other boys. I was a little nervous that he might be afraid after it got dark, especially when his texts said they were lost. Needn't have worried... they made it through just fine.

Hadley went through with Jaci. We ran into them along the path.

After we finished, we went over to the big campfire to get warm and to enjoy a hot dog with the group. They also had hay rides, a cow train, play structures, hay bale maze for the little ones, a big corn kernel pit to play in and a lot of open space to run and be wild. (The kids did a lot of the latter.) On the hay ride, you could get pick your own pumpkin from the patch. I didn't realize that until it was too late to go or I'd have come home with a big 'ole pumpkin! Hadley went on the hay ride, but didn't want a pumpkin?? I mean, who doesn't want a pumpkin?? Anyway, she survived the embarrassment of having us along and we all had a good time.
0 comments:
Post a Comment