Welcome!

I love sharing my life with you on this little blog. Thank you for stopping by! I re-size all my pictures for the web, making them unsuitable for print. If you come across a picture that you would like a copy for printing, please just let me know. I'll be glad to send one your way!

City Champs and Halloween

Updated to add the cool uncle pic...



Halloween was pretty uneventful around here. There used to be this frenzy of excitement getting ready, with the kids RELENTLESSLY bugging us about when we could get started... I'm so sad that those days are pretty much gone. Nobody went all out on a costume this year. Hadley wore an old football jersey and was a football player. She went over to a friend's house and they hit the streets on their own. They stopped by and graced us with a picture and got some food and drinks while they were here.

Lance just wore dark clothes--he had hopes of "scaring" they younger kids. Like jumping out of bushes, etc?? He is so much like BJ! He rode his bike over to a friend's house where his posse was meeting. They rode around, played at the friend's house and got a little bit of candy. They did not come by here---so not even a single shot of Lance and his buds.

David and I stayed home and handed out candy. We actually had a ton of people---ended up shutting the door around 9:00 'cuz we were down to only chocolate. I didn't want to give all that away. We put out our fog machine, as usual. You can see it in Hadley's picture. Some kids are so funny about it. Some little bitties won't even come to the door because of it...Our neighbor came over to check to see if we were on fire. ha!

Tyler's team went to Midland to play. We fretted over the decision on what to do. Go to the game and miss the trick-or-treating? Miss the game and stay for the Halloween stuff? Divide and conquer? It's such a hard drive home late at night that we ended up missing the game. We talked to Tyler a lot about it and decided he really was ok with us missing. We felt bad! David listened to the game on the radio, but of course that isn't the same. They ended up losing badly. Tyler got home around 3:00, went to bed around 4:00 and was up at 6:30 to get ready to take his SAT test... He's completely exhausted. It's been a long weekend for him.

During his ride home on the bus--like at 2:00 a.m., he kept texting me saying he was having trouble going to sleep, etc. I wanted to respond, "Me too." But I refrained and tried to commiserate with him. He probably didn't do well on the test and will have to retake it. Oh well. Most people take it twice, don't they? :)

Saturday was filled with volleyball. It was city tournament time. I didn't want to jinx it, but Hadley's team went into the tournament undefeated. They only went to 3 games once----we won every other game in two games. So, we had high hopes for this tournament! They didn't disappoint---we won all day long!! Congratulations CITY CHAMPS! Our school won city in 7th grade silver, 8th grade silver and 8th grade gold. The 7th gold lost in the championship game.

It was bittersweet because that's probably Hadley's last volleyball game. She played so well the last few games that it just kills me!! I would love to see her continue. I wish it was like the olden days when you could play every sport... :( This bunch of girls she's playing with is the future state winners, I tell ya.

We celebrated by going out to eat, getting ice cream at Coldstone and toilet papering and forking a couple of boys. Alli spent the night with us, too.



Well, that wraps up the weekend excitement... Have a good week!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! what a weekend. love all the pics!



Blog Archive

Followers

Powered by Blogger.