From Lance:
we waited for about an hour and a half in the stand looking for deer. several deer passed but they were all does.after awhile this buck passed about 150 yards away and it gradually came around within 30 yards from the stand.he followed a doe and came within my range.i couldnt get a clear shot sitting down so i stood up and got ready to shoot him.i took the shot and hit him in the jugular and he dropped right where he stood.we went out to him and field dressed him(gutting him).we went back to the truck and got the atvs and went back to him and loaded him up.we drove him back to the truck and put him in the bed of the truck.we headed to white deer and gave him to the place that would proccess him for us.they skinned him and gave me the head and the skin.i am planning to mount him in my room above my fish tank....... 8 }





So it sounds like it was a success. The meat is waiting to be processed and the head is in Roger's freezer for us to have mounted when we're ready. Lance had a great time. He's totally exhausted, though! The stand you can see in the four-wheeler picture is where Lance shot him from so you can judge the distance pretty well. That stand is called "Green Monster". They have named all the stands--Fort Apache, Ruby Ridge, and more. You can tell Roger's got girls, can't you? Lance tried to use the stand windows to steady the gun, but he wasn't tall enough to do that. He stood on a chair, but that made the angle wrong so he just stood up, hand held the gun and shot. Once. David and Roger were pretty impressed, I think. I guess the deer--who has been named Bucky!--didn't suffer. I'm glad because I don't think Lance's tender heart could have taken any of that. The picture of Lance standing near the truck makes me wonder if he was rethinking the whole deal, but he claims he was just really tired by then...In a couple of weeks, we'll have a freezer full of venison. Roger also gave us some elk from an earlier hunt. I have no clue what to do with it. I've got some learning to do!
Hadley also had a soccer game today. It was her last regular season game. The girls seemed sluggish---it ended up being a 0-0 tie. We have a tournament in a couple of weeks, then we'll have a bit of time off before we start indoor soccer.
Tonight, we went to my favorite set of twins' 6th birthday party. Ben 10 was the theme and painting ceramics was the game. It was fun to be included again--we love those boys. (and their big brother too.) Lance stayed home with Tyler---just too tired.
Another full day around our house... And I just realized--2 quality posts in ONE day. Look out world! :)
After I published this post, I looked over to see this. No words needed.

2 comments:
glad you got the pics up... can't believe he did that! i thought the same thing when i saw that pic of lance by the truck, maybe a little remorse? hope he's ok with it. the head mounted over the fish tank...wow!
Ugh - gross! I'm glad I have GIRLS!! :) Ha!
Trina
Post a Comment