We got a “new” baseball team this year because the Dillas weren’t paying their bills and had all sorts of administrative problems. They dissolved that team and the Amarillo Sox were born. They tried to go retro and name them the Gold Sox after one of Amarillo’s earlier teams. There was already a current team with rights to the name, so they went with Sox. A few weeks ago, they unveiled their new mascot. What were they thinking??
I *wish* I had been at the game. Apparently there was quite an uproar! So much so that there was an article in the paper and apologies from the owners. (I got the pictures from the online paper. Here’s a LINK to today’s article if you’re interested. Even got some national attention, too.) They revealed the new mascot at last night’s game. I think he’s a little safer. And less pornographic. Ha!
We’ve only been to one game this year but hope to go to more. I love summertime fun!
I hope your Fourth was enjoyable. We spent the day working around the house. It is Bunko week, after all! :) Hadley’s boyfriend came over and we cooked steaks on the grill. They went on over to the park to watch the faux fireworks show. (A laser show on a large screen. Fireworks were completely banned this year due to drought and fire danger. Sad day!)
Danny, our go-to electrical/AC guy, is here and about to replace our AC unit. We hoped he still had a scratch and dent model available, but no luck. I’m trying not to think about the money and am concentrating on how nice it will be to have a cool house again. Think positive, right? Have a great week!

0 comments:
Post a Comment