Lance’s room is just almost done! David plans to build a low platform-type bed frame and we will call it complete. I love how the metal signs look on the walls and the brown tones are really nice. The hand-me-down armoire holds his tv, video games and treatment equipment very well. The desk that has belonged to Hadley, Tyler, and David is perfect for his laptop and gives him a space for homework. Tyler’s old corner shelves hold his book collection. The dresser that was Mom & Dad’s, then Bj’s is just the right size for his clothes. The mini-fridge holds his drinks and looks supremely cool. And the concrete helps me keep it so much cleaner! He was so gracious about taking all the “old” stuff and I think it came together great! The cowhide rug is the newest addition to the room. Lance is very proud of it. It was something he wanted and we needed something to protect the floor finish from the casters on his desk chair. Win/win! :)
I can’t get over how different it looks from just a few short months ago. Little doubt it belongs to a teenager. That realization hit me hard recently as I walked down the kids’ hall. Not a single kiddie room in the house. Hello? Were they not just born yesterday? While I know getting “grown up” rooms is a rite of passage and necessary, it’s not the easiest thing to take for this mom who wants to hold on tight to her babies! But don’t tell them I said that. They don’t take that kind of thing too well. Ha!

2 comments:
I can't believe it's the same room! I bet he's thrilled! It looks great.... and you know that bit about holding onto babies? just scroll down to that picture of you and Debra...now you can relate to the way I felt when I saw it...love you!!
It does look great!
And, I know what you're saying... I love you too!!♥
Post a Comment