Welcome!

I love sharing my life with you on this little blog. Thank you for stopping by! I re-size all my pictures for the web, making them unsuitable for print. If you come across a picture that you would like a copy for printing, please just let me know. I'll be glad to send one your way!

*&?#*!

At the risk of sounding like a whiner, GAHHHHHHH!!!!! This has been a bad week! Broken AC unit, expensive suburban repairs, leak under the kitchen sink…Aren’t bad things supposed to run in threes? Maybe the leak wasn’t bad enough to count.

Bunko was last night. As you know, I’d been working on it for weeks. I had prepared much of the food ahead of time, the decorations were all done, tables set, drinks ready. I had all my bases covered. UNTIL THE POWER WENT OUT. It started flickering around 5:30—one hour before the guests would arrive. At about 6, it went out for good. My first thought was that our new air conditioner was too much for our electrical system. While I was pondering that, our neighbors came over to see if we were also without power. (Nathan really just wanted to make sure his house wasn’t about to blow up. Ha!) Our neighbor on the other side has had a similar run of bad luck recently and thought the power outage was another thing he would have to fix. When David told him it was neighborhood-wide, he was greatly relieved. I’m afraid my bragging about how rarely we lose power caught up with me!

Other than cool air and light, we really only needed electricity to finish cooking the meal. I needed to boil the pasta, make the sauce and toast the bread. When we realized the power might not come back on soon, I asked David to stick around in case we needed to put the burners on his cooker to use. He has two burners. When he built the cooker, I questioned the need for two. Last night, I was wishing for three!  So once again, he saved the day. He boiled the pasta, then heated the sauce when he had a free burner. Dinner was ready a bit late, but at least we had dinner! The house was beginning to heat up a bit, but no one complained. I lit candles and it was “romantic”.The power finally came back on around 7:40.

With the kink in the evening, I *totally* forgot to take pictures of the tables and decorations. We are re-using some of this stuff tonight because Hadley is having some girlfriends over for a GNO. I set some of it up again this morning and snapped a few pics. Love stuff that can be used more than once!  Everyone loved the Italian Soda Bar and really enjoyed the chicken farfalle. The cupcake tower looked great—that’s one thing I couldn’t recreate. We ate them! One of these days, I’ll remember to get a picture of one. They turn out so cute!

Right now, David is on his way to Hutchinson, Kansas to pick up a pinball machine. Before we hit this expensive run of repairs, David was high bidder on an online auction.  (Something we probably wouldn’t have done if we’d known what was coming!) Anyway, he’s still happy about it and thinks we got a good deal. He should be home around 10:00 tonight. It makes for a long day, but I think he’s excited about the reason!
IMG_7291 copyIMG_7292 copyIMG_7294 copyIMG_7297 copy

0 comments:



Blog Archive

Followers

Powered by Blogger.