The party was a success! We didn't get to tailgate--just couldn't pull it off this week. It was crazy from start to finish! I don't think the kids minded. We had pizza at the house instead. They really got into the face painting and colored hairspray,too. It was so fun watching them paint each other. Being at the game was a little nerve-wracking. I kept counting them... one, two, three, four... ha! I felt just like a teacher on a field trip. They hung out in the student section, so David and I went over to check on them regularly. It wouldn't be cool to sit with them, ya know. After the game, we got home about 11:30 and had cake. Not smart planning on my part---the sugar gave them the extra boost they needed to be nice and loud ALL. NIGHT. LONG. We went to bed around 1:00. (For those of you not familiar with our house---the stairs to the basement/game room are right under our heads. Not only do kids make a lot of noise running up and down, they LOVE to slide on sleeping bags down the stairs. Ay yi yi. What were we thinking!) At 4:00, I finally told them it was time to lay down. I guess they did---at least they were a little quieter. Then, the 'ol alarm rang at 7:00 because one of the boys had a double header beginning at 8:00. Poor kid. I know he had to be wiped out!! We woke the rest of them at 10:00 so they could gather their things and eat breakfast. Lance said he had a blast and it was a great party. That's what really counts!! Yay. Check off another successful birthday party... :)



Note Lance's position in this one... He hates how much shorter he is than his friends. It especially bothers him in pictures. The kids' solution? To hold him up on an "arm" chair. Isn't that cool?? Totally the other kids' idea!


The aftermath...


The game was a success, too. At least we won. It started off a little shaky with the other team scoring 14 unanswered points in the first quarter. That woke our guys up and we ended up winning 40-27. Go team!


By the way. I changed my blog a bit--made the pictures larger. (You could always click on them for larger, but now they're larger within the post.) Is that better for you? Worse? I love the larger pictures, but I don't want to make it harder for you to view. Let me know!
**Edited to add: I just checked out the blog on our other, older computer. The monitor is 4 years old at least, and it's smaller. The size looked fine, but I noticed how much duller the pictures looked!! On my monitor, the colors are super rich and the focus is very sharp. Not so much on the other one. Weird. I'm hoping you all see what I see on our newer monitor. Makes me look like a better photog. Ha!
2 comments:
Cool Party! Glad you survived it all. Love the face paint.
Can't believe the Rebs let us down :-( just kidding...
oh, yes i like the picture size!
Post a Comment