Welcome!

I love sharing my life with you on this little blog. Thank you for stopping by! I re-size all my pictures for the web, making them unsuitable for print. If you come across a picture that you would like a copy for printing, please just let me know. I'll be glad to send one your way!

ten on tuesday... man! tuesday rolls around fast!

1. David is completely relieved that he was NOT chosen for the Capital Murder jury! He was interviewed for a couple of hours on Friday. He felt pretty beaten up when he was done. They retained him until Monday when they decided to release him. Anyway, he's off the hook and VERY glad!

2. Watched "No Reservations" last night after the kids went to bed. Pretty disappointing, if you want my opinion... Much heavier and sadder than the ads. I thought it was going to be a light-hearted comedy/romance. Hmmm, not so much...

3. Soccer season is here... We just found out that our first games are this weekend--a full MONTH earlier than usual. Needless to say, we aren't prepared! It's going to be interesting to see how it works with volleyball...

4. Speaking of sports... check out Hadley's schedule today. School begins at 8:10 or so--first period is conditioning for track--mostly speed/agility drills. After school is out at 3:30, she works out for track until 5:00. Soccer practice is from 5:30-7:00 and volleyball is from 7:00-9:00. Can you believe that? That kind of workout schedule would do me in for sure! Fortunately, we only have volleyball practice one night a week right now. Soccer is 3 times, track is 5. Cool thing is--she doesn't mind at all. What a girl!

5. Lance has worn the same sleeveless under-shirt since Friday. I don't know why he decided to do it, but he thinks it's cool. I think it's gross and the minute he starts smelling, it's coming off! Ha!

6. Tyler has become a human vacuum cleaner. Any kind of food or drink left around here is fair game and usually disappears within minutes. Big packages of stuff, even. It's crazy! I'll buy something at the store thinking we might enjoy it later in the week and it's gone the day I bring it home. The same could be said for toilet paper... Ay yi yi! 'Course, he's not the only one using that.

7. I've continued subbing a lot---it seems like everyone is sick. Last Thursday, TWO kids threw up in my class. Thankfully, I did not catch that bug. I did get a cold or something, though... A fairly mild one, but it still means germs in our house. :( Yesterday was kindergarten. I just love kindergarteners... They all think you're beautiful and give you lots of hugs. I'll never forget one kind. boy (who had a mild crush on me) from my student teaching days. He said, "Teacher, you're pretty all over." Oh if only the world viewed everything as they did... Ha!

8. You probably already know this one, but we did NOT win the necklace contest. 0 for 2. Sad day... Maybe that's why I don't usually enter contests. I did print that picture, though, and we're enjoying it on the nightstand for now. At least the contest got us out and shooting. Right?

9. Still not sure what to do with my canvas... I really like it--such an artsy way to display a photo. If you know my house and have a suggestion, I'd love to hear 'em!

10. More good news from the doctor front... It seems Dr.N charges for phone calls, which of course isn't covered by insurance. We just got a big 'ole bill with charges from way back in Oct. through Jan. Nice.

So, I really didn't mean to end the 'ten' on such a downer, but that's just the way it worked out. Sorry! Hope the rest of your week is a great one!

1 comments:

ginny said...

i'm impressed that you can come up with 10 things every week! and good things at that!! it's not uncommon for dr's to charge for phone calls...it's stupid, but not uncommon. some dr's charge the patient if the pharmacy calls too. i can't believe david had to go jury duty for that many days and still get off! i can't decide if that's lucky or disappointing...it is definitely frustrating tho. we want a pix of lance in the dirty shirt!



Blog Archive

Followers

Powered by Blogger.