2. iPods are the coolest--even my non-touchscreen version. I listened to Carrie and part of No Place Like Home on the way to and from Fort Worth this weekend. The drive would have been much harder without it. Hadley slept a lot of the way and watched movies, so she wasn't any help. You know me--I really prefer to get a little nap on the way, but my chauffeur had to stay home with the boys.
3. Hadley's team finally hit some real competition in the gold bracket playoffs on Sunday. I think it totally freaked them out---not many teams had returned their spikes, etc. They ended up going to 3 games and losing by 2 points. It was close. We really should have won, but I'm almost glad they lost. That was our first loss ever. I think they needed humbling a bit. Maybe if we can play some teams like that more often, we'll start to see some improvement. The lighting in the gym was TERRIBLE and we were restricted in where we could stand/sit, so I didn't take many pictures. Here are a couple. Check out how far above the net her hands are!! She missed that block, but I just had to show you how awesome she 's doing. Long arms and a good vertical jump come in handy for volleyball. And dumpster diving. (wit inserted so y'all would come back.)


4. Lance is excited. We moved the aquarium back into his room and are in the process of getting it set up again. Some of the parts needed to be replaced, etc. We should have fish in it by the weekend. I saw him just sitting and staring at the empty tank this morning. He had the sweetest little grin on his face. Love that! I also think he missed me this weekend... :)

5. David got called for jury duty last week. Capital Murder! He made it through the first cut--a 21 page questionnaire and basic/group interview-- and is now waiting to go for his personal interview by each of the sides. It would be a real pain to miss the estimated 6-10 days of work, but I also think it would be very interesting. I'll let you know if he is selected. He has never served before. Might as well go big, right?
6. It just dawned on me. I used to refer to Hadley and Lance as "the kids". (When I said that, I usually did not mean Tyler. He was too big to call "kid".) I don't group them like that much anymore because now Hadley is too big to call "kid". (5' 2 3/4 " tall as of yesterday--I think she has passed Ginny) Waaaaahhhhh. Where is the time going??
7. The second photo contest I entered sort of fizzled. She is supposed to go ahead and go through with it, notifying the finalists tonight. If the contest happens, and if we make it, I'll be asking for votes! :)
8. We're trying to convince Ty to go on a college excursion weekend to Harding with some of the juniors and seniors from church but for some reason, he doesn't want to go. They leave Friday and will return on Sunday. I think it would be eye-opening. Maybe he would even start to think ahead a bit. Yikes. I can't believe college is right around the corner for him.
9. I have good coffee again! Yay! Thanks, Mom and Dad!!!!! I mean, I was glad to see you and all, Dad. But, I'm blogging about the COFFEE!
10. You know the twins who sit with me during church on Sundays? One of them, Matson, was disturbed by the fact that David was sitting in the pew without him on Sunday, so he crawled on down to be with David. Do I hear the collective "awwwwwwwwwww"? They are just the sweetest kids... And, of course, their big brother and parents, too! This is a picture I took of them for their Christmas cards. A beautiful family! Hopefully they won't mind me sharing this picture... A couple of weeks ago, their mom told us of a conversation they had. The boys were discussing their girlfriends. Greyson named someone. Matson said that I was his girlfriend, and David was his boyfriend. Ha! :)

K. Think that does it for today. Hope you're having a great week!

1 comments:
ok, you get an awwwwwwwwww from me. matson has always had a crush on you, but i didn't know he liked david too! :-)
glad to know you didn't blow away -or get struck by lightning in dallas area over the weekend. the pics are great and i like the ten on tuesday thing, kind of catches us up. oh, and you're welcome for the coffee - i understand completely. friday nite i broke my carafe - i had to get up on saturday morning & go to wal-mart!
Post a Comment