Welcome!

I love sharing my life with you on this little blog. Thank you for stopping by! I re-size all my pictures for the web, making them unsuitable for print. If you come across a picture that you would like a copy for printing, please just let me know. I'll be glad to send one your way!

Too much fun!

















The shoot yesterday was AMAZING! I just love newborns and Caroline was absolutely precious-12 days old. Her mother was beautiful and very photogenic, so that always helps. :) I think the pictures turned out nicely for a first try!! My friend went with me for moral support and ended up being so helpful. It took all of our hands to soothe her, change out props, clean up tee-tee and the other thing, etc. Naked means no diaper! I was so glad she went with me!! Thanks, Cody!! I also got to hold the baby quite a bit, which I wasn't expecting. But I loved that! She was really sweet. I tried, unsuccessfully, to get her big brother (2 yr.old) giving her a kiss. That was at the end of the shoot and Caroline was getting hungry and the big brother's kisses lasted a nanosecond, so I completely missed those shots! But, I learned a lot from this shoot:

  • Don't drink lots of coffee and skip breakfast the morning of a shoot.
  • Relax! Shaky hands don't get clear pictures!
  • Make a written list of poses to try. You will forget many things while you are there!
  • Take extra clothes. :)
  • Take extra backdrops
  • Put waterproof liners under EVERYTHING!
  • Bring a heating pad--naked babies get cold!
We were there about 2 hours and I took about 140 pictures. The morning light was really nice. These were all taken with natural light--no flash, etc. I have tweaked the better ones and saved about 25 poses, and a few slight variations on those poses. I then converted most of those to black and white, too, so the CD will have about 60 pictures on it. I have told them they are free to print any or all that they like. The CD will be theirs to keep. In return, I hope to use the pictures in my portfolio--and hers will be the first! Anyway, let me know what you think about these pictures. Hopefully, I will only get better from here!

0 comments:



Blog Archive

Followers

Powered by Blogger.