Got a call yesterday. One of those calls you dread. Tyler had been in a wreck. He rear-ended someone on Bell at the intersection at 45th while on his way to Anita’s. The citation said he “failed to control his speed”, meaning he was traveling too fast and was unable to stop when the car in front of him did. His car dumped all the fluids, so we had to have it towed. The other car had rear damage only and was driveable. The fun just keeps coming.
Funny thing, we had several people we know stop to check on us while we waited on the tow truck. David's mom, Roger Castleberry, Jayme Bandy and Tyler's friend, Dustin! (oh yeah—and Coach Stokes, the JV soccer coach at AHS)It was nice to see friendly faces in the midst of the mess.
Today is the first day of school for all three kids. Of course, Tyler wasn’t here for the obligatory first day picture, but I made sure he had muffins to start his day. I think Lance was nervous about his first day at AHS, judging by his grumpy attitude as we neared time for them to leave. Hadley is his ride today—and will be most days, I guess. This marks the first time ever that neither David or I are taking the non-drivers to school. Weird. I almost want to get in the car and drive anyway! Ha!
I am thankful that Hadley’s jeep is fixed and seems to be running fine. She would have been so disappointed to have to ride with me on the first day!

0 comments:
Post a Comment