I decided to post a few camping pictures at a time. Seems I can’t find the time to get through the whole lot of them at once! These were taken on the day we arrived at Fun Valley. The kids were fishing before we even had our camp set up. It’s great how much they love it!
The campground was as crowded as I’ve ever seen it. We didn’t have too many choices for camping spots and this one was the best by far. BUT, the hook-ups were on the wrong side for David to be able to back the camper in. We couldn’t pull straight through because of a little creek on one end. So, he arranged it the best he could for us to try pushing it into place. The kids and I were on one end and David was on the end with the tongue. While we were pushing, the wheel on the tongue dug down into the dirt and collapsed, tipping the camper up and sending David crashing to the ground. It was pretty comical trying to right it---the kids and I stood and bounced on the back bumper while David tried to lift the front up. We weren’t having much luck until a neighbor came to our rescue. (He probably felt sorry for the idiot family! Ha!) Love how people are so quick to help. Camping brings out the best in people, I tell ya!
In spite of the crowds, we had a very relaxing time. Love the sights and smells there. Our camper was great---so much roomier than our previous pop-up. And, the ol’ suburban made the trip just fine-thank the Lord!! I don’t think I’ve ever prayed harder for safe and uneventful travels than I did on this particular trip! :)

0 comments:
Post a Comment