


Well, the day started out really well for Tyler. He got a bye for the first round and then won the second round in overtime with a pin. It was a good match! Unfortunately, the next two matches didn't go as well and he lost them. I was really proud of his efforts though. Wrestling looks really hard. And gross. Yuck!! The gym was so steamy that my glasses actually fogged over a bit when I walked in. By the end of the day, my hair was totally frizzy. I can't believe they won't ventilate those gyms better than that. Of course, outside was a perfect and beautiful fall day. Figures.... Anyway, thought you'd enjoy these pix. Oh yeah... Ty had to go home in between matches and shave or be disqualified... He wasn't thrilled about that!
Hadley's team has tied both games today. David said they've played ok, especially considering they only have one sub. Eleven girls on the field--that doesn't allow for many breaks. The games last about an hour and the field is huge. I know they're all beat. Tonight, they're headed to Dave&Busters and then to swim in the hotel pool. Guess they still have a little energy left, huh?
Lance is doing quite a bit better today. It's wonderful to see those drugs in action!! :) He went to the wrestling matches with me to root for Ty. I think he enjoyed it...
And, believe it or not, I have another friend in need of prayers because of health problems. One of Hadley's soccer teammates' (Megan-one of our faves) dad is having serious problems with his liver and kidneys. He was careflighted to Dallas on Thursday evening and is there in the hospital. Megan was going to go with our family to the tournament, but since this happened, she isn't playing. I prepared a little goody basket for David to deliver to them while they were there so they went to the hospital today. It's a pretty scary outlook. He needs a liver transplant and his kidneys are failing. I don't really know the cause. Anyway, it's a sweet family and I hate to see them going through it. So. Just another reason to realize the brevity of life and to celebrate each day you are given.
Have a great rest of the weekend!

2 comments:
why'd he have to shave?
don't know... the coaches hadn't mentioned that to him--a ref is the one who told him to do it. guess it's just one of the rules?? course, i think his little bit of facial hair pales in comparison to all the tattoos i saw!!! the dumas guys were really covered in them--borger had a few too.
Post a Comment