Welcome!

I love sharing my life with you on this little blog. Thank you for stopping by! I re-size all my pictures for the web, making them unsuitable for print. If you come across a picture that you would like a copy for printing, please just let me know. I'll be glad to send one your way!

So this is what we've been up to this week...

Tyler got his wisdom teeth out today. They took him back a little after 8:00. I finished signing papers and left him about 8:15. They hadn't started his IV yet when I left. Around 8:40, the doctor came out and said he was done! How'd you like to make $1500 for 20 minutes of work???? Yikes. I think I chose the wrong profession! Anyway, this is him right now. Our own sleeping beauty. I converted to black and white so you can't see the bloody gauze hangin' halfway out his mouth. I'm sure he'll hate me later for posting this pic. While I was waiting for Ty, two of his friends from school were also waiting to get their teeth out. Guess it's a popular age to have it done... He was hysterical when it was time to leave--soooooo groggy that it took 2 of us to get him in the car. He was supposed to be holding the icepack on his jaw, but dropped it almost instantly after I got him situated. Every. Time. And, he hiccuped all the way home. A real cartoon drunk! Anyway, glad it's done. They've been bothering him for a while and were definitely crowding his mouth. Hopefully, he won't have too much swelling. But, you know I'll post pics if he does. :)

Hadley had her first official basketball game yesterday. They played Travis. They won--about 33-10, I think. She did fine. I could tell that she was pretty rusty, but it didn't seem to matter too much. She's #0, in case it's hard to tell which one is her. Ha!! Yeah right. She could lay in a tanning bed for days and those legs would never be as dark as the rest of 'em in that pic. Her fair, freckled skin sort of stands out.

I was really shocked at the lack of skill by most of the players. Our school teams were always awesome! Really. They were. LOL


Last, but not least, Lance had a fencing tournament this week. He lost, but did well. They have awards next week, then a break until next semester. He plans to do it again, I think. I don't really think about fencing being hard, but those kids sure had rosy cheeks when they finished. The girl he fenced kept slapping Lance's legs or poking him you-know-where. I thought David was going to come out of his chair a few times, because I think she was doing it on purpose... It wouldn't look good for a 40-year-old guy to be beating up a 10-year-old girl... Not good at all. She did get called on it several times, but they also let it slide a lot.

Anyway, that's a brief recap of our week so far. Hope yours is going well. Have a great Thursday!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! what a week! we didn't know that ty was going to have his teeth out. i knew it was probably going to happen but didn't know when. hope he does ok! poor guy! and talk about another poor guy... that girl better watch out - she'll have a nana after her too! would love to see hadley play b-ball and lance doing his fencing. love you all, nana & papa



Blog Archive

Followers

Powered by Blogger.