So it seems that sometimes, money CAN buy happiness!! That look right there is the look of pure joy! And that look is PRICELESS!
A recent hard drive crash made me realize just how important this blog is… When I think of all I lost---although I haven’t given up hope on it all just yet!—I am reminded that a lot of great memories are right here on the ol’ neglected blog. If I’d kept it up the last year or so, many of the important moments would have been preserved, regardless of my hit-or-miss backups! I hope this reminder will be enough to motivate me to keep it updated!!
Today seemed like a great day to start up again. It has been a momentous day!! We bought Lance’s first car today. A 2004 F-150 super crew. It’s really nice, nicer than either car David or I drive. But isn’t that the way of a parent? Anyway, it’s got very high mileage but has been well maintained. We are crossing our fingers that it remains reliable for a good while longer. It belonged to a local preacher who was thrilled that his prized truck was going to Lance. Lance hopes to get his license next week, provided he completes the remaining portions of his driver’s ed. Until then, he will drive it with pride with one of us along.
We completed the purchase this morning, finishing just before lunch. David and I drove to AHS and picked Lance up and headed to Chick-Fil-A. He beamed the whole time! He’s been looking for a truck for most of the summer. He has decided that he wants to pay for his truck himself, something his older brother and sister had no interest in doing. We are so proud of his independence and determination. He has saved some money and has budgeted his payments and spending cash for the next little while. If he can do even half of what he’s shooting for, he will do great! What an amazing kid!

0 comments:
Post a Comment