Welcome!

I love sharing my life with you on this little blog. Thank you for stopping by! I re-size all my pictures for the web, making them unsuitable for print. If you come across a picture that you would like a copy for printing, please just let me know. I'll be glad to send one your way!

Hadley’s Last High School Homecoming!

<Sniff> Can you believe it’s here?? This is the first of many lasts this year! Homecoming seemed to come earlier this year, but I think I’m just not quite ready for the rush of activities we are about to experience. So much is going on already. She’s got 7 dual credit college hours, as well as several AP classes. The one place she’s taking it easy is math and she loves the slower pace of a non-AP class! She comes home surprised at times with how much less is expected. I think it’s great—senior year is for fun, too!!

 

Hadley doesn’t have a date this year. Most of her closest friends are also dateless, so they will go together. I’m sure they’ll all have a great time—with or without a date! Several of them are coming over to our house for dinner, to the game, then back to our house to spend the night. We are making one of her favorites---garlic chicken farfalle. We’ll have brownies for desert and maybe even s’mores on our little fire pit. Lance is supposed to be hanging with friends at the game, then headed to one of their houses to spend the night. It should be a great night!

 

The homecoming parade was tonight. I love how the neighborhood comes out for it. People of all ages are there to cheer the floats on. One thing I noticed this year is that we didn’t have a Veteran’s Float. I always enjoy that one so I’m sad it wasn’t included. Hadley rode the student council float which came at the very end. The overall theme of the parade was super heroes. Hadley’s group was Captain America. She sat next to one of her new friends, Tasha, who will be joining us tomorrow night.

 

IMG_9226w

IMG_9230w

 

 

 

One of her best friends, Alli, is a homecoming queen nominee. She got to ride in a cool car driven by her smiling dad. We’ll find out tomorrow night if she won!! Go Alli!!

IMG_9222w

 

 

Here’s good ol’ David Ballard! Alli, David and Hadley have been good friends since the first grade. Love that kid! He was on the swim team float and rode at the top. He never looked at me, so this was the best shot I got. Apparently there’s a little rift between Alli, Hadley and David right now. It seems he didn’t ask the right girl to homecoming. Ha!

IMG_9224w

0 comments:



Followers

Powered by Blogger.