Sometimes, you just need to step back and take a break. A very long break. That’s what we’ll call this little hiatus. I simply haven’t been in the mood to post! I took pictures of lots of things with the intention to share, but just never felt like posting. I’m sorry for that! I may try to catch you up on some of that… we’ll see how it goes!
For now, I’ll share our Saturday morning with you! Last Saturday morning, David, Lance and Hadley participated in the Chase Tower Run. It was to benefit a scholarship fund. The race began on the 6th street entrance to the Chase Tower parking lot garage. They ran up the ramps to the fifth floor of the garage where they entered the stairwell and ran the remaining 26 floors to the Amarillo Club. Sounds tough, right? I think it was! But they ran it SO fast! David isn’t sure of his time---he knows it was under 10 and likely under 9 minutes. Hadley ran in about 8:30, and Lance ran it in 7:30. (Official times haven’t been posted yet) Hadley got 2nd in her age group. Lance got 3rd in his. The overall winner was also in Lance’s grouping---finishing in under 6 minutes. Unbelievably fast! I decided not to do this one, so I was the cheerleader for the day. After everyone finished, we enjoyed a nice brunch buffet at the Amarillo Club. We shared a table with a couple we just met that day. Bob and ? Johansen. They were very sweet~Bob even ran up to capture photos as Lance and Hadley received their awards. :) The restaurant is kind of fancy, so when Lance found this t-shirt with a fake gentleman’s robe and ascot, he snatched it up for the race. It was a really nice morning!

0 comments:
Post a Comment