Welcome!

I love sharing my life with you on this little blog. Thank you for stopping by! I re-size all my pictures for the web, making them unsuitable for print. If you come across a picture that you would like a copy for printing, please just let me know. I'll be glad to send one your way!

Changes are a comin’

IMG_8980 copy

We have *finally* started a couple of projects that we’ve been procrastinating for various reasons! David began tearing up the tile floor in the kitchen last week! With our travels taking up most of our spare time, it’s been difficult to make a lot of headway, but it has BEGUN! He has the tile out of the kitchen area and most of the laundry area. Still to go is the entry.  We, er David, will clear the tile first, then tear the carpet up. Once the old floors are gone, we will clean up the concrete and stain it.



IMG_9011 copy

And project number two. Tyler’s uninhabitable room. Ugh. I kept holding out hope that he would come over and take care of the mess himself. I’ve been waiting for a very long time. Last week, I bit the bullet and started going through the disaster area myself. I threw away a LOT. Most of the rest of his things got boxed up and labeled to be put away in the attic. A few things I decided we would not store. Like the giant box of rocks. I made a pile for him to go through--- either take it to his apartment, donate it or throw it away. He came through for me on that pile and pretty much took care of it. (Would you believe the box of rocks was one of the first things he took over to his apartment? Hehe!) Yay for small favors!

One thing I found pretty funny—Tyler came over and saw the boxes. He said, “It’s weird to see your childhood all boxed up.” Ha! I think it made him a little wistful. He’s almost never sentimental, but I think this actually got to him! It’s been weighing on me long enough that I was just relieved to finally have it done.

Now that his room is cleaned out, we can begin the big switch and redo. Hadley will move into this bigger room and of course, we’ll repaint, etc. Lance has decided to stay in his current room---no big surprise coming from the king of resisting change, but he does want to redo it. I think that’s a good idea because we haven’t changed that room in a very long time! And, that means we will have an actual guest bedroom!! Bj and Ginny donated a bed and bedding for the cause and I can’t wait to get it all done. It’s a beautiful set and will look great---I just know it!

0 comments:



Followers

Powered by Blogger.