Welcome!

I love sharing my life with you on this little blog. Thank you for stopping by! I re-size all my pictures for the web, making them unsuitable for print. If you come across a picture that you would like a copy for printing, please just let me know. I'll be glad to send one your way!

Slow, but steady and very messy!

IMG_9498 copyIMG_9500 copyIMG_9506 copy
Progress continues, albeit a bit slowly! The popcorn texture is GONE from Lance’s ceiling and in its place is a pretty decent knock-down texture almost dry enough to paint! David sprayed the ceiling last night and I think it turned out ok. (I told him it was surely better than our bathroom ceiling-ha! That project didn’t turn out all that well!) I’d love to do this in every room where we have popcorn texture, but I think it’ll have to wait. We have a couple of deadlines looming…

And,I was actually thankful to receive one of those annoying phone calls from a charity this week. They will have a truck on our street today—do I have anything to donate? Why, yes—yes I do! Check that off the list!

I hope to get the walls and ceiling of Lance’s room painted today—if not finished, at least the first coat! That blue paint that was under the border may take some work to cover up. Lance chose a neutral tan for the walls. I tried to think of something awesome to do on the ceiling, but for now I guess it will just be white.

We decided to do the painting first and use the existing carpet as our drop-cloth. That way, we don’t have to worry about getting paint on the concrete. After we finish the walls, we plan to touch up the baseboards. Then we will rip out the carpet and try our hand at staining concrete. Busy weekend!

1 comments:

nanapapa said...

sure sounds like a lot of work going on at your house!



Followers

Powered by Blogger.