Welcome!

I love sharing my life with you on this little blog. Thank you for stopping by! I re-size all my pictures for the web, making them unsuitable for print. If you come across a picture that you would like a copy for printing, please just let me know. I'll be glad to send one your way!

It’s the end of the drought!

It’s been a busy month! December was filled with extra work for me---my book buy at WT and Christmas! January rolled around and high school soccer got underway with 3 trips to Dallas for tournaments. I’ll try to add posts from those events, but today’s post is all about football.
Danny was kind enough to let us stay with him during our last soccer tournament. We played less than 10 miles from his house. In DFW terms, that’s nothing! In between games, he escorted us to Sundance Square in Fort Worth where ESPN is setting up shop for the big game! It was really neat to see all the preparations being made. The excitement was palpable!

IMG_9852a copy

Danny and David are in front of the broadcast booth area. We think this is where some of the commentators will sit.

IMG_9855a copyIMG_9858 copyIMG_9860a copy


David was *really* tempted to hop the fence and let me get a shot of him on this turf! This is where the guys will run the mock plays. Cool!

IMG_9864 copyIMG_9867a copy


A new structure highlighting football players from Texas who have made it to the NFL. Their names are listed on the back.

IMG_9876 copyIMG_9882a copy


Another broadcast area.

IMG_9898 copy


The courthouse in Fort Worth is so pretty!

IMG_9905 copyIMG_9908 copy


The Omni Hotel will be the home of the Steelers while they are in town for the game. (I’m pretty sure I got that right. Could be the Packers. Ha!) Danny said they reserved the entire hotel for the players, coaches and their families and entourage. That’s a LOT of people!

IMG_9909 copyIMG_9913a copyIMG_9920a copy


Then we got to drive to the place where it will all go down. That stadium is one BIG place and a flurry of activity.

IMG_9929a copyIMG_9949a copyIMG_9957a copy


This is along the highway---820, I think. Shane, Danny’s grandson, is certain they used a photo of Danny while he worked at GM when they designed this!! I think he might be right!

IMG_9964a copy

1 comments:

nanapapa said...

I just now got a chance to look at all of your new posts and love all the pics. Thanks for posting again 'cause we missed your updates. And you and David both look so skinny! Good for you!
Love you all!



Followers

Powered by Blogger.