Welcome!

I love sharing my life with you on this little blog. Thank you for stopping by! I re-size all my pictures for the web, making them unsuitable for print. If you come across a picture that you would like a copy for printing, please just let me know. I'll be glad to send one your way!

Painting


This is what I've been up to the last few days... We are converting our gameroom/basement into a theater room! I know, I know. It is BROWN. REALLY BROWN. But, when we did a little research, we found that a dark, neutral color was best. Anything fun like RED would cause color casts on the screen. The white trim will reflect the light, distracting from the show. The ideal color is black for everything, but I just couldn't bring myself to do that. So, we chose this brown and will paint the trim black and will accent with black.

The kids are very excited---they can't wait to have a premiere night with friends. We'd like to have it finished in the next couple of weeks. Hadley's hoping it will be done by her birthday. Guess time will tell! Our friend Kevin, aka the trim guy, will be here tomorrow or the next day to put up the new crown molding that will hide all the wires. I need to be finished painting when he comes to make things easier on us. Wish me luck!

0 comments:



Followers

Powered by Blogger.