Welcome!

I love sharing my life with you on this little blog. Thank you for stopping by! I re-size all my pictures for the web, making them unsuitable for print. If you come across a picture that you would like a copy for printing, please just let me know. I'll be glad to send one your way!

Back to school

We packed up and took Tyler to Tech yesterday. His new car was amazing! We packed everything in it---except the dolly, which we carried in our car. He still had room to spare and it all loaded very nicely in his Element. It's just made for hauling stuff--perfect for this occasion! We need to get a bike rack to accommodate his bike, but it's not urgent. I think he made a terrific choice in cars.


Here he is following behind us.



Tyler and his roomie---Andrew.



Andrew's decorations for the window. Who needs curtains!


The view from their window. It's a little hard to tell much, but that is the new water park. It has a couple of slides, a lazy river, etc.


The room is SO small. The furniture is built in--all along the walls. Tyler's bed is connected to his desk as you can see here. The other side of the desk is the back wall. You can see he's already got the important stuff up and running--stereo, ipod and computer!


A friend from Amarillo is sitting on Ty's bed and his roommate is standing in front of the refrigerator/entertainment center. Note the cardboard "shim" on top of the microwave to hold the TV. Genius.


This is the front wall. Not much space!


Tyler's closet. The small chest you can see is attached to the bed on this end.






I snapped this as we drove away. Tyler is in the doorway walking in. He was pretty droopy by this point. I think he was *almost* sad to see us go. His first day of class is Thursday. Til then, he's checking out the campus, buying books and getting acclimated and ready to study. We hope!



Hadley and Lance had their first day of school today. It has been a really busy couple of days... Hadley started high school! and Lance started 7th grade.

As you can see from his smile, Lance was a little nervous. When I picked him up this afternoon though, he was in a great mood and had a great day. He knows a lot of people in his classes and thinks it will all work out well.

Hadley's schedule changed a bit from registration, but she was thrilled. Now she has her three BFF's in four classes. Two of those classes have all four girls in them! I'm not quite sure how she got so lucky, but she loves it. Alli is in the wrong geometry class, so we're hoping that adjustment won't mess things up. Guess we'll find out tomorrow. Anyway, we survived the marathon that was the last two weeks and are ready to go. Hope you have a great week!

0 comments:



Blog Archive

Followers

Powered by Blogger.