Welcome!

I love sharing my life with you on this little blog. Thank you for stopping by! I re-size all my pictures for the web, making them unsuitable for print. If you come across a picture that you would like a copy for printing, please just let me know. I'll be glad to send one your way!

Fig-Prosciutto with Arugula??

Yep. We tried Pioneer Woman’s Fig-Prosciutto with Arugula pizza over the weekend. I was a little unsure about the fig—in fact, I bought a cherry spread for back up! But the fig turned out to be pretty good, actually. Definitely not your regular pizza, so you had to prepare your mouth for that. The sweetness of the fig countered the salty taste of the prosciutto and was a nice combination. Hadley thought it was ok. Lance wasn’t adventurous enough to try it. I know that shocks you all as much as it does me! :) David enjoyed it, too. My bread machine makes enough dough for two pizzas, so our second pizza was a bit more normal. We used a recipe that called for caramelized onions, prosciutto, and mozzarella. Lance really enjoyed that one! Here’s a shot I took of the fig pizza. It’s so much fun to try new things!

While shopping for the ingredients, we had to ask the produce guys to help us find arugula. The Wal-Mart worker did NOT HAVE A CLUE what arugula was. The United worker didn’t either, but had a handy little book that told him where to look. Ha!

photo(2)

0 comments:



Followers

Powered by Blogger.