Tuesday’s game was quite eventful! We played Lubbock Coronado, a team that already had the reputation for playing dirty and having mouthy parents. They were true to form that day. The guy in orange and the woman in the black t-shirt were the Coronado goalkeeper’s parents. She had just been ejected from the game for throwing a ball at one of our players and trying to hit another. Her parents were hot—and mouthing off. The mom called one of our dads a dumb a$$. He casually mentioned that she could come and kiss his dumb a$$. And the rest is history…
While it wasn’t quite as heated as what happened between the dads, I had a few words with the mom myself just after the red card. She was screaming so loudly that I turned to her and said that our player did not kick hers—she pulled back at the last second to avoid a total collision. She yelled a few things at me to which I replied,”Now I see where she gets her temper.” That brought on some more yelling at which I simply shrugged my shoulders and turned around. I’m kind of glad I didn’t say anything else—that could’ve been me on the ground with my shirt pulled up and my crack showing! Ha!
The goalie and her parents were ejected from the stadium by the policeman on duty. Our dad was a little banged up, but mostly just embarrassed.
Other than that, it was a successful day. Our girls won 5-1. That was our last district game and we remain undefeated! Hadley played the whole game again, filling in for a senior out injured. She played defense, which isn’t her favorite, but she had a great game.
Playoffs start next week!

0 comments:
Post a Comment