Welcome!

I love sharing my life with you on this little blog. Thank you for stopping by! I re-size all my pictures for the web, making them unsuitable for print. If you come across a picture that you would like a copy for printing, please just let me know. I'll be glad to send one your way!

Progress

IMG_2858 copyIMG_2861 copyIMG_2862b

Can you see why we are all going insane?? And why Hadley thinks we look like a “hoarder family” and might need an intervention?? That was funny the first time she said it. Now, we’re all just irritable and tired of the mess. Ugh. But we are getting very close to finishing all the floors except the gameroom. (The gameroom will be last)

For a week or so, we’ve been living in the gameroom, our bedroom and bathroom. All other rooms are off-limits. The gameroom is PACKED. Everything that wouldn’t fit in the garage is in there. And it is overflowing! In order to get to the garage, you have to squeeze between Lance’s bed and the chairs. It’s about a foot wide. To get to our room is about the same. It’s been a long few weeks of stepping over, around and on things just to get from place to place.

IMG_2867 copy

Lance’s room is all but done. It looks pretty different from the last picture I posted of it! Overall, I’m happy. We made a few mistakes and the concrete didn’t cooperate in a few places, but I’ve decided I need to choose perfection or my sanity. I guess I need my sanity more. All the rooms will need a final floor finish that we’ll have to redo about every 4-6 months. I haven’t done that in Lance’s room, but I’ll do that when I can do the hall, entry, living room, dining room, kitchen and laundry room. I *hope* to be able to do that on Thursday night or Friday morning! Then we have to wait 24 hours before we can move furniture back in.  David sprayed the second coat of stain on those areas last night. I’ll be mopping soon to see if a third coat is needed or if I can start the sealer. Whoop! More pics to come!

1 comments:

nanapapa said...

WOW! It's looking great! I know you're so ready for it to be done, but you've really done a lot! YEA!



Blog Archive

Followers

Powered by Blogger.