Seen at the soccer game today….
Guess what? Lance likes Caramel Delites! He bought some at the game today and nearly finished the box before it was over. Guess what we did on the way home? Yep---we stopped at Lowe’s where we’d seen Girl Scouts set up and we bought 5 boxes! Yay for extra calories!
Things have been crazy around here! The floor project is just about to get the best of us. Dad was here last week and saw how stressed we were and graciously offered to come back to help. He worked hard for 3 days---what a wonderful thing! Thanks, Dad! ♥ We still have a lot to do, but some of the pressure has been lifted. One of the other parents helping us with the soccer team dinner next week offered to have it at his house. I told him today that we probably needed to plan on that. I hate that we won’t be finished in time, but I don’t think that deadline is even possible at this point. We’ll be ready for next year, though. Ha!
Lance’s room is almost finished. We have one last coat of floor finisher to apply. It’s not perfect, but I still like it. I think we will really enjoy it once it’s done. The other rooms are in various stages of completion—none of them quite ready for stain. I’ll try to share some pictures soon. If any of you are considering staining your concrete—don’t! LOL My hope is that it will be like having a baby. When you are in the midst of labor, you think you will NEVER do that again. Never. Ever. But once you see that precious baby, you forget all the blood, sweat and tears. I’m hoping the floors will have the same effect. Time will tell!

2 comments:
So glad Dad was able to help some. When he told me that Lance liked those cookies, I thought he was kidding. I don't know that I've EVER seen LANCE EAT A COOKIE!!!! It's about time he found something fattening that he likes! LOL!
Wish I could have been there.. don't know if I could have been much help but I'd have loved to have seen Lance eat a cookie(s) and Hadley play soccer!
Me too! It's been so hard because much of the big work usually has to wait for David to get home. Dad jumped right in--put up a ceiling fan, ran the floor buffer and scraped. And scraped. And scraped.
I know--I was down shooting pics during the game. I thought they were joking about the cookies too! Of course, it would be something that's only sold once a year! Wish you could've been here too. Maybe we'll be in really good shape when you come in a few weeks! Love you!
Post a Comment