1. Parents ROCK. Whether it’s scraping the floor on hands and knees with a standard razor blade or preparing a delicious, home-cooked meal with enough veggies to get you through the week, parents are there for you. What a blessing!
2. Girl Scout cookies are for breakfast. Really. Trust me.
3. Bathroom counters make a fine place for coffeepots.
4. Nothing bad will happen if you wear jeans more than one day before washing. (actually, I already knew that. Lance, however, did not! Ha!)
5. Putty knives can double for brownie knives. (learned that from Tyler)
6. Chairs are a wonderful invention—kitchen tables too! (Try doing without them for a few days and you’ll see what I mean!)
7. The morning girl at Sonic is a bit too cheerful.
8. My husband is a BEAST. He can bring home the bacon and fry it up in a pan!. Wait. Maybe that’s not quite right. Anyway, he can do it all! :)
9. When you think “days”, you should really be thinking “weeks”. Or even “months”.
10. Running a floor maintainer requires strength and skill. Neither of which I have. And running it on a day taken off from work definitely does NOT constitute “vacation”.
11. Carpet glue is from the devil.
12. Based on our recent trend of several expensive trips a day, we should invest in stock from Lowe’s.
13. Teens are not as easy-going or flexible as pre-teens. Well, I think I already knew that, too!
14. You can buy WD-40 by the gallon! Who knew?
15. It never ends. Even if you finish one project, there is always something else that needs attention. The joy of owning a home.
16. PMS and remodeling do not go together.
Ok. I know that’s more than ten. It’s been an educational journey.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Powered by Blogger.

1 comments:
insightful! you've become very wise... experience is a great teacher, huh? hope you get to finish soon... love you all!
Post a Comment