Well... It's done. T and H both got braces today. Notice, only one kid let me take a picture. The other one is mad--so mad, in fact I'm barely being spoken to. We've "forced" him to get braces. He's going to be a senior. His social life is over. Nothing like writing a $2500 check (25% of the total bill!!) and then being made to feel like a terrible parent. It's a good thing I've got him to remind me--otherwise I might get the big head.Dr. S made it sound like H needed to get her wisdom teeth out as soon as the braces come off--and almost made it seem like she should've gotten them out before now. Sure would be nice if people would tell us these things beforehand... Isn't that what we pay them for? We let Ty's go longer than we should have--thus the real need for braces... Ay yi yi! Hadley will probably wear her braces for 2-2 1/2 years. She needs a special appliance to help correct her bite. (The new headgear--luckily it goes inside her mouth, not on her head!) Ty could get them off sooner than 1 1/2 years, if he follows the rules.
Sorry for the lack in updates. It's been crazy-busy around here. I just finished my stint at WT and am on the home stretch for the video. I'll probably work like a mad-woman on it til early next week, when I hope to have it FINISHED. **David had an intern from WT working on his computer at work the other day. The intern saw my picture and recognized me as the 'one who doesn't pay anything' for books. It's nice to have a reputation.
Other than being furious with me, Ty is doing spring training football and winding down the year. H will finish soccer this weekend, but volleyball will continue through June if all goes as planned. Nationals will be the last week in June. She's also drawn the attention of the AHS basketball coach. He has talked with her several days in a row now. They're doing spring training for bball during morning athletics with the AHS coaches watching. He's been telling her that she could probably swing two sports her freshman year and that she would be a great fit with the bunch of girls that are a year ahead of her. Little does he know that bball is third on her list and completely conflicts with soccer... I think she's enjoyed the ego boost, at any rate.
Lance finished Tobi today--Yay! That gives us back over an hour every day!!!! :) His cough is almost gone, and he's excited for the end of the year fun. We're planning to have a big party for him like we did for Hadley on the last day of school. Remember the limo/picnic? The yellow Hummer limo was already booked, but we got the white Hummer. Lance didn't seem to mind. I guess we'll do about the same thing as before--run to Bonham and take pics (and also pick up H), Cadillac Ranch to spray paint the cars, a little driving around, maybe another stop or two, then back to the park for a picnic and water balloon fight. He is super excited and is making out his invitation list. Can you believe the cost of the limo has NOT gone up in the last two years?? I really dreaded reserving it because I was afraid it had kept pace with the price of gas. What a pleasant surprise to hear the SAME cost! :)
I'm sure there's more to write... and I apologize for the single pic, but I'll try to post again soon. TTFN!

4 comments:
yeah, mine's a little more crazy but your's is more informative! you guys have so much going on! i didn't even know the kids were getting braces...
ya know i always wanted 'em. hurry and get caught up...we need to plan when y'all come visit!
awww, she looks cute! and I'm sure Tyler does too... he'll forgive you some day and might even thank you.
ooh. i hope his mouth doesn't hurt so badly...that he's not able to eat your homemade scraps!
Hee Hee... I hope not either, Ginny. I'd hate for those yummy scraps to go to waste!
Post a Comment