Welcome!

I love sharing my life with you on this little blog. Thank you for stopping by! I re-size all my pictures for the web, making them unsuitable for print. If you come across a picture that you would like a copy for printing, please just let me know. I'll be glad to send one your way!

A day in the life
















Today Lance had to miss several hours of school for a couple of tests. He had pulmonary function tests (PFTs) at the hospital this morning. Then we went for a bone density test after that. We already know the results of the PFTs. They are fantastic!! Not quite as good as in July, but still really great. He's at 105% right now vs. 115% in July. We won't know the results of the bone density until later. Our new doctor--that's a story all by itself!- was concerned when he heard Lance was playing tackle football because kids with CF sometimes have problems with their bones, sort of like osteoporosis. I told him that we had already made the difficult decision to let Lance play and that decision stood. *gulp* So, he ordered this test to see if he had any problems and if he does, Lance may start on new meds to help beef up his bones... He's so brave. He just goes with the flow and is such a great kid. (As long as needles aren't involved! :) ) The PFTs are easy. We do those every time we visit the doctor, but the bone density was new and he just took it all in stride! I took my camera and snapped a few shots of the tests. (People probably think I'm crazy, but I really enjoy catching these everyday moments that will eventually be in some "slice of life" scrapbook or maybe just on the blog...)

0 comments:



Followers

Powered by Blogger.