Welcome!

I love sharing my life with you on this little blog. Thank you for stopping by! I re-size all my pictures for the web, making them unsuitable for print. If you come across a picture that you would like a copy for printing, please just let me know. I'll be glad to send one your way!

Vacation Part Two

516 copy

Love me some In-n-Out Burger!! IMG_0239 copy

First time to see the ocean! IMG_0308 copy IMG_0332 copy

That water is COLD! IMG_0444a IMG_0503 copy IMG_0547 copy IMG_0551 copy IMG_0554 copy

San Diego is AWESOME. I have decided I could move there and be a beach bum! IMG_0565 copy

Best. Ramada. Inn. Ever. IMG_0571 copyIMG_0576 copy blog template copy ii

Hadley giggled and giggled about the Panda butt wrinkles… blog template copy IMG_0823 copyLance had his heart set on seeing this snow leopard. Unfortunately, he snoozed the whole time we were at that exhibit. :( IMG_0831 copy

IMG_0858 copyIMG_0850 copyWe went down to Hollywood Blvd. That was the most disappointing touristy thing we did. The area was pretty seedy and filled with people trying to sell you stuff! But we saw it—saw the famous Hollywood sign on the hill and saw some stars on the sidewalk. 701 copy646 copy

Santa Monica Pier was a lot of fun. We had planned to spend some time on the pier, then finish out the day swimming and playing in the water. BUT, it was SO cold that we spent all of our time on the pier. The kids rode the roller coaster and we piddled around. We also ate our nicest (read most expensive) meal at Bubba Gump’s on the pier. Hadley and I ate at a Bubba Gump’s in Denver, but it was David and Lance’s first time. It was so fun to eat there and look out onto the beach and the ocean! This pier was in the movie----remember the scene where he is running and runs out onto the pier? Yep. This is the spot! 669 copy 659 copy 660 copy Our waitress quizzed us on movie trivia and we were pretty awesome! We know our Forrest Gump! 680 copy 759 copy One last In-n-Out burger before leaving…. (for everyone except Lance. We got him some Asian food from a place across the street.) It was a really nice, spur-of-the-moment trip. I’m so glad we got to go!

2 comments:

annie said...

Oh, thanks for taking us along with you, Janice-- I really enjoyed it. Our surf in Connecticut was not that exciting but we lived in Long Island during WWII and the Atlantic Ocean side had surf that would knock you down. I loved every beach trip we could make but it was over an hour away in each case.

And I am crazy about Snow Leopards, too, Lance-- I would have liked to give him a wake-up poke!!

luv,
annie

Jan said...

Thanks, Annie! I just sent you a FB message.



Blog Archive

Followers

Powered by Blogger.