Today was a beautiful afternoon so Hadley and Lance decided to ride their bikes to Sonic for happy hour. As they were racing home down the alley, a dog ran out of his open gate and attacked Lance. (He was able to save the drink!) The bite is pretty bad--several puncture wounds, tears and quite a bit of bruising. The owners say the dog has been vaccinated and are looking for proof. They've offered to pay the bills and are trying to be really nice.Lance is really upset--it was very traumatizing for him. He was afraid and it really hurt. :( Right now, we're just waiting for the proof of vaccination. I don't think we'll take him to urgent care because I don't think they'll do anything differently than we've already done. We've doctored it as best we could and will call our pediatrician tomorrow, in case he needs antibiotics.
Poor kid. He just can't seem to catch a break.

2 comments:
OH,that makes me sick! We are so sorry to hear about that! Hopefully the vaccination records will be found! Give him a big hug for us!!
Sorry to see that... I was pretty timid around dogs for quite awhile after my bite. I'll bring a euthanasia agent next time I'm down.
Post a Comment