

Ok. Are you sick of all the sports pictures? Sorry about that! I haven't had time to take pictures of much else. Tyler played last Thursday--2 hours away--and had an awesome game. He played TONS and did so well that even upperclassmen who weren't at the game said they had heard he played a great!! Talk about an ego boost! By the way--they won! They beat a really tough school--the JV and Varsity teams both got stomped-- but Tyler's sophomore team WON! I took this picture while he was standing on the sidelines in between plays. Right after I took it, he saw me and turned away. I think he's getting sick of the sports pictures too! I posted this one because it really struck me how grown up he is. I mean, doesn't he look like a man in this one??? Yikes!! I'm so not ready for him to grow up and move away!
Lance also had a game this weekend. They didn't win, but played well. And for this game--we had CHEERLEADERS! I guess we will only have them for about 2 of our games. Evidently the girls at our school would rather be playing the sports than cheering for them, so we don't have enough squads to go around. This squad will spread the love and cheer for several different teams. They were really cute and made a tunnel for the boys after the game. I snapped this picture just as Lance made it through. Isn't it cute?
Hadley played this weekend, too, but Mom forgot her camera!! I could have gone home for it, but opted to just enjoy the game instead. I love taking pictures at the events, but I know I miss some of the action with my face behind the lens all the time. Her team won easily, so it was a nice, relaxing game to watch. Yesterday, she worked like crazy to finish a project that she put off until the last minute. That's really not like her... So, I did a little rescue work--I know, that doesn't teach her anything!- and helped some. She finished around 10:30 last night. One full hour after her bed time! She was a little tired this morning, but maybe that can be her lesson... :)
Last week, I subbed in 5th grade. That was a new one for me--and guess what?? I LOVED it! The kids were awesome. We got to do some fun math activities and it was just really great. I enjoyed it so much, that it made me think that if I ever went back--5th grade might be the place for me. I've always pictured myself with kindergarten or something, but I really enjoyed 5th grade so much more. The kids are really neat at that age. They are really beginning to mature, but not so much that all adults are stupid yet!
David is still working all the time. I sure wish he could slow down... He really loves watching the kids play sports. He's so proud of them! I know that's one of the highlights of the week for him.
Well, that about does it for today. Off to do some laundry and cleaning!

0 comments:
Post a Comment