The weather has been simply gorgeous!! Nice temperatures and manageable winds… Can’t ask for more this time of year!! On December 1st, David and I went to Palo Duro Canyon for a ribbon cutting on a new hiking/biking/running trail, Rock Garden. It’s about 2.5 miles long and climbs 600 feet to the rim of the canyon. It’s been under construction for some time. We had a couple of opportunities to help clear it, but never did make it down to help. So many volunteers did and for that I am thankful!
Both of us were really uncertain what to wear for the hike. It was the first day of December, but the expected high was around 80*. We ended up with t-shirts and shorts. I took a jacket just in case and ended up regretting it! It was hot tied around my waist! I think I even got a little sunburned…The weather couldn’t have been more perfect! We ran into several friends and enjoyed seeing them there.
We hiked for about an hour, not quite making it to the top. At that point, we had to make a choice—make it to the top or make it to our next activity! We opted to make our next activity and hurried down the trail and back to town for the Toy Run at Get Fit. We changed in the car(!!) and joined a large group of runners and walkers. We were each given a bag to fill with toys. We ran to a couple of stores where we chose things from a suggested list for children served by The Bridge. (The Bridge serves children who have been abused.)We ran with our filled bags back to Get Fit where we enjoyed mini burgers and drinks and chatting with a few friends, all for a great cause.
Afterward, we headed home and enjoyed watching the Avenger’s with Lance. What a great day!!
One of the many beautiful views!
Some awesome rock formations! Mr. Cooley would be impressed! (David and I discussed a field trip we took to PDC in college with our fun geology professor, Mr. Cooley. Good times!)
The ribbon cutting!
Part of the new trail!
One of the friends we saw at the Toy Run, an old customer of David’s. We ran with him each way. It was a lot of fun!

0 comments:
Post a Comment