Welcome!

I love sharing my life with you on this little blog. Thank you for stopping by! I re-size all my pictures for the web, making them unsuitable for print. If you come across a picture that you would like a copy for printing, please just let me know. I'll be glad to send one your way!

Random Bits from October

 

October has been pretty busy. We’ve enjoyed our activities, for the most part and have had great weather. These are some of the highlights, or lowlights as the case may be, from the month. First, we sold the red Jeep. We hadn’t made a lot of effort, just stuck a sign on it and parked it out in front of the house. David had a couple of things he wanted to do to it before really marketing it. However, parking it out front was enough! A guy called to look at it and made an offer that day. He had cash and we sold it to him that evening. We were sad to see it go, but happy all at the same time. The guy that bought it was a young guy who wanted it for a toy. It makes a great toy and I hope he truly enjoys it!

 

IMG_1144

 

 

Anyone else watch the crazy free fall from space?? It was on TV when we came home from church so we sat around the living room and watched, mesmerized.  I *really* thought we were watching a suicide. I just couldn’t wrap my mind around the fact that his body could handle it and that his suit was enough protection. Felix Baumgartner jumped from about 24 miles up, broke the sound barrier on his way down and created a new record. The jump/fall took a little over four minutes. Amazingly enough, he landed easily in a desert somewhere in New Mexico.My stomach was in a knot the whole time!

IMG_1148

 

 

 

David and I went to an annual Halloween party. Some folks go all out with costumes and others don’t really do anything. Guess we fall somewhere in the  middle. We dressed up, but we shopped our own closets to do so. I went as Boo from Monsters, Inc. David went as Paden from Silverado, the movie. (Our first date, by the way.) The weather was perfect and we enjoyed time out on their beautiful patio.

IMG_1163

 

 

 

Hadley turned 18 just in time to vote for her first time in the biggest election out there. With talk of big crowds on actual election day, we decided to vote early. Hadley and I went together. It was fun and memorable. I’m so honored to be able to vote with her! Unfortunately, the biggie didn’t go our way and the other guy won. I’m very worried about what that will mean for our health insurance, especially concerning Lance and everyone on Medicare. I’m also worried about the national debt. But, I did my part and know that God wins in the end, no matter what happens along the way!

IMG_1193

 

 

 

 

Tyler came home for about thirty seconds a few days ago. One of his close friends died and he came home for the funeral. We don’t know exactly what happened, but she did have a seizure disorder. Tyler suspects that she had a grand mal seizure in her sleep and aspirated on her own vomit. We may never hear the autopsy results but regardless, I am heartbroken for her family. Tyler is taking it pretty hard. She was a close friend and someone he saw daily. It’s so hard to face some of life’s realities!!

When he came home, he brought his new puppy. The puppy we didn’t know he had. Ha! Timber is a husky/samoyed mix. He is really cute, but looks like he will be VERY big. He is 11 weeks old and very active. Max didn’t like him at all. No surprise there.

IMG_1198

So there’s a brief summary of a few things going on around here. I have one more post coming for October’s activities, but it will stand on its own. Happy Wednesday, everyone!

0 comments:



Followers

Powered by Blogger.