
Yesterday was senior Sunday at church. We set up our display board for the second time at church--also did the night of the senior banquet. Not all of the boards were set up yet when I took this picture, but you can see the massive pile of gifts already growing under his spot! He got some terrific gifts: LOTS of towels-maybe 5 or 6 sets?, an iron--way cool, a laundry basket filled with detergent, bleach, softener and carefully written instructions on HOW TO DO LAUNDRY!! Love that one!, cash, nail clippers, several storage type bins, several laundry bags-at least one monogrammed, a manly bathroom bag--monogrammed, a power surge protector--great idea!, a dorm tool kit, a multi-tool, flashlight/tools in one, a super soft blanket and a bunch more stuff. (and of course the new Bible from the church) That's just what I can think of while I sit here writing. He was so excited! He had no idea he'd get that much stuff--neither did I really. The economy is pretty bad, but it doesn't seem to keep people around here from being generous. We are so grateful for that. He was really "feelin' the love" yesterday. (He also quickly learned who had been to Tech because they all came up to tell him what a great choice he'd made.)
Then, yesterday afternoon was baccalaureate. The attendance was pretty small in comparison the number of graduates. I counted fewer than 20 from PD, fewer than 30 from CHS. All the rest were from THS and AHS. It was a nice service, but not without its hiccups. It was student-run, which is always a gamble. :) The lighting was TERRIBLE and I didn't bring my external flash, so this was the best shot I got. Doesn't he look OLD here??
Today, Hadley had an ortho appt. around lunchtime. David had training in town today and it just worked out that we all got to have lunch together. David picked up Schlotsky's and we made it a picnic lunch. The weather was absolutely PERFECT and we all wanted to stay the rest of the afternoon. I took this shot with my cell phone.Not bad for a cell pic, eh?? Wish it did as well indoors!

1 comments:
We haven't been commenting much but are surely enjoying the pictures! Looks like Tyler's really old enough to graduate... wow! How can it be possible?
Post a Comment