

He's been looking for so long--I really wasn't sure he'd ever find one. But he did! Today, Tyler and David left for Dallas at 4:00 a.m. to go have a look at this 2005 Honda Element. The deal sheet had already been sent, money arranged for--just needed to approve the car. Turns out it was even better than expected. We got a fair price and feel good about the deal.
Tyler is SO excited. He absolutely loves this car! It's different from anything I've been in---there is an amazing amount of room inside. The shape and style is similar to Bj and Ginny's old FJ, but it's set up differently. The seats fold down--you can even sleep in the back area. They make a tent that attaches to the back so you can have more room to camp in. The back seat is elevated--like theater seating. The floor boards are rubber--it's all very durable. It feels like a Honda--very snug and tight. It has 50,000 miles on it---and we're hoping it can take 150,000 more!
I'm relieved he'll have something safer and more reliable to drive back and forth to school. I'd rather not have a payment, but Tyler plans to take care of most of it. He's even on the loan papers! Funny thing is---he now has the newest car in the house. And, we now own four cars that were all bought via the internet. Weird.
The jeep went into the shop tonight for a major overhaul. It was to the point it wasn't safe to drive, much less pull the mowing trailer. I think we'll be keeping it.
I can't help but think about all that's been going on during the last month or so. My question is: Could we possibly add any more stress to our lives???

1 comments:
My goodness! You all have lots going on! Everything is terrific, except that I wish Lance had won an award too... So proud of Hadley and I think the Element will be a good car for Tyler... it looks great!
See you soon... love you all!
Post a Comment