


Lance had his first band concert on the 2nd. Just now sharing pics... He was so hard to see that I only got a couple of decent shots. They did a great job--playing about 10 songs. Most of them were Christmas songs, but we also heard the traditional Hot Cross Buns, etc. They played 1/2 of Yankee Doodle--I got a kick out of that! I think if I'd only been able to teach half a song, I'd have skipped it. Ha! It was a fun evening. It's always amazing to me that someone can teach a group of kids how to play in just a few short months. Nearly all of those kids came into band class without any knowledge of their instrument. Lance seems to be enjoying band and his teacher.

Last week was crazy with my time at WT and school projects. Hadley had 3 due and Lance had one. One of Hadley's projects was for English class. She had to write a children's book. When she was working on it, I asked her if she had written a similar story before because it seemed familiar. Nope, she said she hadn't. Once it was completed, she was showing it to the rest of us and Tyler got the funniest look on his face. He thought she had even copied him---he ran to his room and found his 8th grade children's book written on the SAME IDEA! Her title: Santa's New Ride. His title: Think Santa rides a sleigh? Think again! Isn't that hysterical? The stories are different---Hadley's Santa rides a motorcycle but it can't keep up with the demands of Christmas Eve. Hers is in poem form. Tyler's Santa rides a Harley that the reindeer sabotage. Anyway, it was too funny to see such similar stories when they could've chosen anything. Hadley was completely surprised. She didn't remember Tyler's story at all, at least consciously. Unfortunately, they are for the same teacher. Hope she doesn't have a good memory!
0 comments:
Post a Comment