






It was extremely humid--moss was growing everywhere...

We ate at the Hard Rock Cafe on the river walk, and I spotted this 7th grade yearbook picture of Kurt Cobain and thought Bj would like to see it... It said "Class of 1985", but I don't know if he was in 7th grade in '85 or that is the year he graduated? Anyway...



We visited Fiesta Texas theme park, Sea World, the Alamo and the river walk. Definitely crammed a lot into those 3 days!! The kids loved feeding the dolphins--always a neat experience. The Shamu shows were great, of course. I think the kids liked the sea lion, otter and walrus shows the best. I really enjoyed the dolphin show, too. It's pretty amazing what they can get the animals to do! Lance got to ride almost everything at Fiesta--they weren't checking height much. He was actually just a little shy of the 54"--with shoes on-- and loved riding all those big rides. Sea World was a lot pickier and he didn't get to ride the Great White (roller coaster)---he was really disappointed!! Hopefully next year... Y'all pray for some growth, ok?? He really wants to be taller. Seems like all his buddies-even the short ones--have hit spurts and gone way past him.It was weird going without Tyler. I didn't like it.... I know he had a great time on the mission trip, but it didn't feel right with him missing. Last night at the church picnic, however, a friend came over and told me how impressed she was with Tyler on the mission. She said he brought tears to her eyes at times... Her kids thought he was awesome, too and he was very mature, etc... Nice to hear! It made me feel better about our choice to let him do that instead of the family trip. Anyway, I'm glad to be home. No place like home, right?
I have to work this week at the bookstore. The check is always nice, but it sure throws a kink in the schedule... I know I'm not getting much sympathy from anyone. Ha! So, have a great Monday!

0 comments:
Post a Comment